If you have specific needs or are medically dependent on your energy supply, you can apply to be on our Priority Register here.
Our Priority Register is a way of ensuring we’re helping any customers who:
- Need to be supported in a particular way
- Need tailored communications
- Would struggle to maintain their well-being if they lost their energy supply
If you’re a Lumo customer and need extra help managing your account (help with reading your meter for example) or would be in serious difficulty if you lost your energy supply, please let us know. See the bottom of this page for details on how to apply for the Priority Register.
It’s completely free and confidential and it means you’ll always get the help you need, particularly in an emergency.
What are the benefits of being on the Priority Register?
Once you’re on the Priority Register, we’ll know that you might need extra support. We can help you in any of these ways if they’re appropriate to your needs:
- Free regular visits to read your meter
- A security password for anyone visiting your home (such as a meter reader) so you can be sure they’ve been sent by us
- Lumo bills in different formats (such as large print)
- A free annual Gas Safety Check if you qualify
- Duplicate copies of any letters or emails to a friend, carer or relative
- If your well-being is critically dependent on your energy supply, we can make sure you get longer notice than usual if it needs to be turned off
It’s worth noting that Priority Services are also available with your water company
Who is eligible to join the Priority Register?
Anyone who is vulnerable because of age, chronic illness, disability or personal circumstances. For example, you could apply if you are:
- A pensioner
- Living with children or young people under 18
- Chronically ill
- Blind or partially sighted
- Deaf or hearing impaired
You could also qualify if your movement is restricted or you have difficulty walking – if you’re in a wheelchair for example. You might have a long-term or serious illness, a heart condition, arthritic hands, breathing difficulties or speech problems.
You should also apply if you depend on electricity to keep any of these running in your home:
- Kidney dialysis machine
- Heart/lung machine
- Oxygen concentrator
- Apnoea monitor
- Bath hoist
- Stair lift
Can I apply on behalf of someone else?
Yes! If you’re a carer, friend or relative of a Lumo customer who you believe should be on the Priority Register, get in touch to let us know.